Conduct a windshield survey to identify a population and its primary health concern. Develop a 3–5-page report that explains demographic changes for a population and describes the health disparities and social determinants of health that can affect the population.
**Central Florida United States community**
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
United States community
Just from $7/Page
- Conduct the windshield survey, using the template attached.
- Use the template as a guide to write a report for your team. If possible, look at other written documents used within your organization. How are they formatted? Follow that format as closely as possible, making sure you still use APA guidelines for your in-text references, citations, and reference page.
Based on your observations and notes from your survey experience, write a report that includes the following:
- Describe, briefly, the neighborhood or community you observed (overall condition, types of spaces and businesses, evidence of services, and so forth).
- Describe a vulnerable or diverse population you observed living within the neighborhood or community.
Now you will need to do some research on the population you described:
- Explain how the demographics for the population have changed over the past 5–10 years. Note: This information should be readily available through the United States Census Bureau, similar state Web sites, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, or other professional sites. Be sure your information is current.
- Describe the most prevalent health risks for the population. For example, if your population is senior citizens, then the health risks might be diabetes and loss of mobility. Include statistics on the health risks, such as frequency of occurrence in the population and number of deaths per year in the population.
- Identify the health disparities and social determinants of health that can affect the population. In other words, what will you need to overcome to develop a successful health promotion and disease prevention program for the population?
Your completed assessment should be 3–5 pages in length, not including the title page and reference page. Support your information with references to at least three professional, scholarly, or government resources, and follow current APA guidelines for your in-text citations and references.
- Include a title page and reference page. The completed assessment should be 3–5 pages in length, not including the title page and reference page.
- Reference at least three current scholarly, professional, or government resources.
- Use current APA format for citations and references.
- Use Times New Roman font, 12 point.
- Double spaced
Attached is an example of a well graded paper as well as an example of a windshield survey to use as a reference.